History and today
Current regular users include Treasure Tots Pre-school, Bebes Tranquilos, Sport4Kids, various clubs for sports including Badminton, Cyclists Touring Club, Tai Kwan Du, and Jujitsu. The Old Friends, the Womens Institute and A Different Dog are regular users, and frequent users include the Colney+Boissy Twinning Association and Child Matters who provide first aid courses. The hall is used for a variety of events including private parties, quiz nights, and celebrations.
The Main Hall, combined with the Community Room and the kitchen, make it an ideal venue for wedding receptions and large functions.
The Community Room is suitable for smaller groups and offers an economic alternative for business meetings and "awaydays", and the adjoining heathland provides breakout space.
In 1936 permission was granted for the construction of a village hall on a part of the heath land donated by the Lady of the Manor. The Hall, completed in 1938, was built by volunteer labour and craftsmen from the village and funded by donations from the residents.
The Hall was extended in 2000 to include the Community Room and the Parish Office. Recent modernisations include the women's and men's toilet facilities.
The Community Room is the official local polling station for elections. The Hall is the local shelter in the event of an civil emergency.
The facilities are managed by the trustees of the charity that owns the hall for the benefit of the community.